A complete development and competency framework
DOTS Talent Solutions now offers the complete library of the innovative Vado development content and competency framework. The Vado content is an integral component to the DOTS development consulting practice.
Vado’s competency and development content contains:
- Short instructional videos
- Step-by- step Implementation Guides to help the employee implement the material they just learned in the short instructional video
- Downloadable action forms in the form of Microsoft Word forms, checklists, and templates to take action on the job
- Built in continuous improvement through self-evaluation
Vado offers development content for Individual Contributors, Front Line Leaders, and Business Leaders. The Vado content library is organized into toolkits and can be uploaded to DOTS LMS for easy tracking and reporting, as well as creating a one stop shop for your employees.
Vado offers learning content in following areas:
Research shows that 70% of development happens on the job. Our on the job development courses leverage the natural way people develop. Benefits for the client include the ability to provide specific development courses that can be implemented on the job and can supplement coaching, mentoring, and instructor led workshops.
This content is designed for individuals in any functional area from HR, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, IT, or anyone who is asked to manage a project from beginning to end. The content is organised into 15 areas with 5 courses per area, for a total of 75 courses.
25 courses to onboard, socialise and build the relationship between the new hire, manager, and team. The courses will help facilitate the increase in performance, and eliminate the common reasons new employees disengage and leave. Clients benefit with increased new hire engagement, shorter time to contribution, and increased new hire retention.
Engagement and Retention
Employee engagement and retention is imperative to organisation success. Provide your employees, managers, leaders, and your teams with development courses designed to help engage and retain employees.
14 courses for individual contributors and managers to help identify career options and create a development plan to accomplish future career goals and aspirations. Benefits for the client are employees taking the initiative to develop their career while managers provide guidance and support.
Clients deliver instructor led workshops and provide our courses as the tools to help participants implement what they learned in the workshop. Whether your workshop is on coaching, employee engagement, or any other soft skill area, we can map our courses to your workshop objectives. Help your employees transfer what they learned in the training, to performing the skills on the job by providing a customised toolkit.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Clients use these tools to quickly show newly acquired or merged employees how they fit into the new organisation, and how their role contributes to the new organisation’s strategy. This eliminates the number one reason mergers/acquisitions are not as successful as analysts expect—employees are not integrated successfully and high performers leave.
Vado’s Development Content is unique because:
Short bite sized learning content
- Some call it granular, others call it chunked. They mean the same thing—learners want short learning courses. Study after study shows that taking in information in small bite sized chunks leads to increased learner retention. The market has been recognising this trend of shorter and shorter learning courses, and providers have shortened e-learning courses from 4 hours to 1 hour to 30 minutes. Our learning content takes this trend to the next step to meet the demands of learners.
Development happens on the job
- Research shows that 70 – 80% of learning happens on the job. Our learning courses leverage the natural way people learn. The combination of short instructional videos followed by downloadable step by step on-the-job Implementation Guides helps the learner put into practice the instruction they just completed. Since development happens on the job and Vado’s courses come with a step by step Implementation Guide, organisational leaders have confidence that the transition from training to implementation on-the-job will happen.
Self paced, learner focused
- Because our content is delivered in bite sized modules, learners have “just the right amount of information” when they want it. Additionally, learners have choices. First, they can choose what to develop and then can choose from 5 courses for each development area.
Optimized for the mobile learner
- Mobile means two things: technology and the learner experience. Our learning content is optimized for both meanings. From a technology standpoint, our content is viewable from all hand held devices. From a learner experience perspective, small bite sized videos fit the mobile learners’ requirement of not having to watch long videos on their hand held device.
Contact our office
to discuss your requirements and we will identify the most suitable partner that matches your needs, timeline and location.